London is ranked as third best student city in the world by QS Best Student Cities 2017 after Montreal (#1) and Paris (#2).
No doubt London is a vibrant multicultural city; there are more than 100,000 international students in the city from more than 150 different countries and more than 45 universities, many of which are world-renowned.
Universities in London offer more than 20,000 courses from business, medicine and law to game design, politics and engineering. There is something for everyone; you can never go wrong. Studying in London not only offers students the academic support with over 120 libraries and more than 1,000 museums, theaters and galleries; but it also gives you the opportunity to live in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
You will definitely never be bored living in London; only steps away from Big Ben, all the parks, the world-famous Madame Tussauds, the British Museum and Paris being only less than 3 hours away by train! Entertainment and shopping in London are one of the best.
The top 10 universities in London (The Complete University Guide, 2017):
- London School of Economics
- Imperial College London
- University College London
- King’s College London
- Queen Mary, University of London
- City, University of London
- SOAS University of London
- St George’s, University of London
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Brunel University London
London is known to be more expensive than other cities in Britain, so budget and stay close to campus to save time on travel and transportation (click here to read about the most cost-effective cities in the UK).
Tips when in London:
- Do not forget to get your discount Student Oyster Card, giving you access to the tube,buses and trains!
- Also, showing your student ID card at some stores and restaurants can get you discounts on your purchases.
- Download Cityampper app which tells you how to get to your destination via the public transport (tube or bus) or even when walking.
- Once you arrive in London, be a tourist!
- When it comes to taxis in London, black taxis are the best and safest way. Licensed and registered taxi drivers go through a certification process to ensure passengers return home safe. Avoid using unlicensed taxis.
London is definitely one of my favorite cities; if you are considering London as a study destination, tell us why.
If you have still not submitted your application, call us on +973-35052613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.